When you think about working from home, what do you imagine? Sleeping in late, lounging around in your pj’s and long leisurely lunches in front the of the TV?
What people need to realize is that even though working from home offers a great amount of flexibility, it is still a professional job and it needs to be treated as such.
How to succeed at working from home? Follow the below best practices and it’ll be easier than you think!
Work at Home Best Practices:
- Follow the same schedule you would if you didn’t work from home
- Dress as if you are going into the office
- Have a dedicated office space (not near your bed or TV)
- Get organized with filling systems, check-lists and schedules
- Set alarms and timing expectations on work / projects
- Brush up on your computer skills (new software, keeping things up-to-date, etc..)
- Avoid distractions (family, pets, keep snacks at your desk)
Just remember you have work to do, even though it may feel less like a job and more like doing work on vacation. Just make sure you set office hours, stay organized, keep yourself accountable and take breaks because you would do that at the office.
Remember; if this is your new normal, it isn’t going to last forever and if this is your normal then use the tips above to excel!
Contact us for more information on how we can help your employee population: Contact Us (click here)